February 23rd, 2005
|03:53 pm - Anniversary meme....|
Ask me a question - anything about me or my life - and I will give you an honest answer. I'm going to change this year's quiz a bit and allow any sort of question, though if it's completely tasteless and asked only for the shock factor rather than a genuine enquiry, I reserve the right to not answer.
As Quatre has done, I am going to have to ask you to be patient in regard to answering as my schedule, too, is hetic at present.
|Date:||February 23rd, 2005 03:49 am (UTC)|| |
What, I'm first on the list?
Name one skill you've ever regretted not having a chance to learn - and the corollary, if you suddenly had the time, would you give it a try or consider it a past fancy?
I would like to learn to play the piano. It's a beautiful instrument when played properly, but alas, I'm not sure I would have the talent to do it justice.
*grins* Yay! I'm first! *ponders* Now, what to ask.... Oh! I know.
Who is your favorite author to read for pleasure?
XD! Can't count. Make that second. ^^;;
Mmm I have two questions ~_^
1. If the war never happened and you never ended up becoming a politician, what career do you think you would've had?
2. What type of guy would your ideal man be?
Hmm, to be honest, your first question is one I've never given much thought to. Growing up around the political arena, I had more or less, been interested in that career course for quite some time. Even if the war had not happened, I probably would have chosen that path, just come to it by a different means, perhaps.
My ideal guy. Hmm, that one I have given thought to, given recent events and people I don't care to remember. He needs to have a good sense of humour, accept me for who I am, see past the fact that I'm Relena Peacecraft, and be able to cope with my schedule. Witty, kind, easy to talk to. Of course, good looks would be nice, though it's not something I'm too worried about. The inner person is more important to me than surface things. *chuckles* I don't want much, do I?
1. What's one thing about you or your interests that people never anticipate?
2. Similar to what I asked Abdul - hobbies?
3. Something I ask everyone at some point - What sorts of music do you listen to the most?
People are generally too polite, and either aren't surprised by my interests or hide that surprise a little too well.
I don't tend to have much time for hobbies unfortunately. I enjoy reading, listening to music, cross stitch, and cooking. I've had my cross stitch admired, but the same can not be said for my cooking skills. *laughs*
My music tastes, as with my reading, cover a wide range. I enjoy classical music, music with a celtic/irish flavour, and, although I am embarressed to admit it, boy bands. The CD I'm listening to at the moment is The Corrs.
1. Are you ever tempted to smack the more aggravating politicians on the hand and chastise them like small children? Or maybe you'd smack them upside the head... ^_~
OK, I promise I'll behave myself now.
2. If you could have one day, completely to yourself, what would you do?
3. If one day you could wake up and suddenly have a talent that you didn't before, which one would you pick and why?
4. Who exactly was the rose on Valentine's day from? You never told us.
1) Yes, definitely. *whispers* But I won't tell them if you don't ;)
2) Open a bottle of my favourite wine, and go back to bed until lunch time to read a good book. Then I'd take a long bath, firstly filling the room with scented candles. After that, I'd go for a walk, ensuring that I didn't arrive home until it was time for dinner.
3) As I told someone else, I would love to play the piano. Waking up with that talent would be wonderful, but I suspect that it takes a combination of talent and hard work to become accomplished musician, so just the talent might not give me the result I want.
4) I'm afraid I still don't know the answer to that. *smiles* I'm sure it's a friend or at the least someone who knows me well, but I have no idea whom.
Can you see yourself as a mother? That is, would you like have children? I know some people do and others don't...
Not at this stage of my life, but maybe later, but then only if I found the right man. I do hope that it might be part of my future, though.
|Date:||February 23rd, 2005 06:13 am (UTC)|| |
Is there somewhere you've never been that you'd love to visit?
I've heard it's very beautiful, that the people are extremely friendly and that they make visitors feel very much at home.
|Date:||February 23rd, 2005 06:58 am (UTC)|| |
Hm, this one is a little more difficult . . .
Obviously you're job is demanding and I'm sure has it's share of aggravations, but has there ever been a day when you just wanted to scream and run away from it all and never come back?
Yes, although unfortunately it's not an option I can allow myself to pursue.
On the whole, my job is very satisfying and I believe that I am making a difference. However, there are days when I feel very frustrated, especially with dealing with some of the more difficult people I interact with, and I'm very tempted to walk out and leave them bickering amongst themselves.
Because this is something I ask all of my friends at some point....
1) If you could have any psionic ability, which would you choose?
2) Given that choice, would you really want the ability in the first place?
Firstly, my apologies for the delay in answering your questions, but they required a lot of thought, and sadly, my paperwork conspired against me as well.
2) I'm in two minds about whether I really would want it. On one hand peace of mind in knowing that if my friends were in trouble, I could be at their side immediately. It would also cut down a lot of the tedious travelling that I have to do with my job.
But on the other hand. I do enjoy going for long leisurely walks, and being able to enjoy the scenery rather than being tempted to just teleport where I wanted to go. But then, if I had the ability, I would also have to ensure that I didn't misuse or overuse it.
|Date:||February 23rd, 2005 08:23 am (UTC)|| |
Some lighter questions for you:
1. What's your favorite game show?
2. What's your favorite "guilty pleasure" song? (As in it's one of those songs that's not too popular, yet you take great joy in listening to it, and probably singing along quite loudly.)
1) I'm sorry but I don't watch game shows. They don't really appeal to me.
2) 'Walk Like An Egyptian' by The Bangles. I've found myself doing the dance on occasion too...
|Date:||February 23rd, 2005 12:15 pm (UTC)|| |
Not the most original, but I'm running low on creativity at the moment:
If you were stranded on a desert island for an undefined period of time, what three people would you want with you and why?
What's your favorite color?
This was a very difficult question to answer. In the finish I decided Quatre and Trowa. Quatre needs the break away from civilisation as much as I do, and like me, this is probably the only way he'd take it. *sheepish grin* Trowa is a wonderful conversationist; I enjoyed our discussions over late night hot chocolate when I stayed with he and Quatre last year.
[filtered from Quatre and Trowa]
And then there's the thought of them in skimpy tattered clothing. *sigh* After all they are very good looking and easy on the eye.
As for the third, I'll just say a friend I'd like to get to know better. *smiles.
My favourite colour is purple, hence the colour of my journal.
What is the most important quality in a friend to you?
Since I've never introduced myself, I'm Jax by the way. *waves*
Hello, Jax. It's nice to meet you :)
A friend is someone who accepts me for who I am, faults and all, and is prepared to listen when I need to talk. It goes without saying that I try to be a friend with the qualities in which I seek in others.
|Date:||February 23rd, 2005 05:12 pm (UTC)|| |
Just because I am curious and rather dull at the moment...same question
What are two things you are most proud of doing in your life?
The first would be getting through to Mariemeia during the Dekim Barton incident. *shakes head* I still find it difficult to believe that man could use his own granddaughter like that.
The second was when the bill went through so that those who were orphaned during the war would have access to funds for schooling. Education is very important, and I do hope that learning from the past will help prevent us making past mistakes. I do realise, however, that this few might be somewhat idealistic.
Relly, what's your favorite flavor of jelly on peanut-butter sandwiches?
*laughs* You already know the answer to that question, Lu.
What is your favorite flower?